Clinical Medical Assistant
Clinical Medical Assistants perform a variety of functions to assist the physician with procedures, care for patients, perform simple laboratory tests and administer medications. A Clinical Medical Assistant can pursue employment as a healthcare professional in a physician's office or clinical setting. This program which is aligned with current industry standards offers students relevant instruction and hands-on experience. Get your education and training quickly to begin earning a salary of $30,000 or more a year! Approximately 140 course hours.
- Student must enroll in and attend a mandatory orientation to qualify for enrollment.
- Proof of high school completion or its equivalent is required at the time of registration.
- Prior to the start of class, individuals picked from the lottery will be required to complete a math assessment.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- PSA Typing Certificate of at least 25 WPM (a free typing certificate can be obtained from PSA Career Center located at 1919 Grass Valley Hwy., Auburn)
- Computer proficiency*:
- manage electronic files and folders
- basic word-processing skills
- send/receive emails and attachments
*classes are available for attaining these skills
Online registration NOT available for this class. Student must enroll at the PSA office in person. Full tuition due at time of enrollment.
**Students must meet externship qualifications: Students are evaluated based on their performance during this course, Clinical Medical Assistant, passing coursework with 90% or better.
1. Student must complete 100% of the coursework.
2. Student attendance rate must be 90% of course hours.
3. Student must pass a background check and have the following: a resume, typing certificate, tuberculosis screening, externship application, immunization record, confidentiality agreement/HIPAA certification and drug testing.
*Some extern sites may have additional requirements.